Friday, June 1, 2012

Haunted Computer?


Haunted Computer?

My sister just mentioned that TWITTER, the site which supposely provides the latest internet updates,  is possibly closing down…according to rumors by some fans of the site. This is probably not true and is just a hoax.
This incident reminded me of whether computer can reside in computers. Or can spirit or supernatural communicate with us? Can they reside in foreign objects?
A couple of years I encountered a strange incident with a computer at work. I was then working for construction company and was working late. By the time I got back to the office that day, it was dark and    the twilight light state has blotted out the night sky . It was a breezy night and I felt a cold unnatural breeze. The office is old two-storey bungalow, was actually constructed in the 1960s or 1970s, then converted to our present office.  It was however a really long tiring and tough day and I long to go home.

My secretary has already left for the day.  The entire office was dark except  with only light coming  from my room and light from my secretary’s work place. The rest of the office was dark, except for shadows cast by light  from the outside.  I desperately needed her type to type a memo which I need to sent out the next day and I found her hasn’t done it.  I was upset and frustration with my secretary that she has type the memo  as I urgently need it. I however decided to do it myself and turned her computer on and her printer on.  
I decided to take a toilet break in the meantime before getting back to the computer. The toilet was located are the pantry at office of the back of the building.  When I briefly  heard strange noises in the inside the office building.  Actually, it was the unmistaken  sound of printer being turned on. To add to my confusion, I faintly smelt a fragrance scent that pervaded the building.
There was some talk about hearing strange noises at the toilet and some claimed that they heard of the sound  from inside the building when there is  no one is around.  I however did pay much attention  to this talk, as I took it as just people’s talk and  I considered this as nonsensical  unsubstantiated beliefs
I was a bit unsettled about the noise. When I got back to my office, I found the office  empty but I did not hear any noises. Curiousity got the better of me and I quickly enter my secretary’s work area. There no one around and I was confused about the sound of office. I looked at the printer and I felt the chill around my spine and my heart race wildly. There in front of the printer, it was this paper which read,  “I am here!”.
 I felt cool unnatural breeze and felt the little hairs on the back of the neck stood rigid. Shocked and surprised. I quickly got up, and closed up and left.

No comments: